There has been a spate of break-ins in Boden Park recently. Here are some good tips to deter thieves:
- Lock all external doors and windows and activate your alarm whenever you leave the house empty and when you go to bed.
- Never leave spare keys under the mat or in a handy location. A burglar will know where to look.
- Don’t leave side gates or doors unlocked.
- When you are away on holidays have a neighbour check your home & pick up your post if it is lying in your porch.
- If you are not at home for any length of time, it’s a good idea to give the impression that someone is in. Leave a radio and some lights on.
- Invest in timer switches for your lights – they are cheap and very effective.
- Do not leave expensive, high value items on view which can easily be seen through a window.
- Don’t leave bikes or scooters lying in the front garden.
- Consider installing motion sensor lights.
- Tall shrubs and trees are welcome hiding places for criminals.
- Don’t be afraid to report any unusual activity in the neighborhood – call Rathfarnham Garda Station on 666 6500 or 999
Boden Park Residents Association