Many thanks to all our residents who attended the AGM (Wednesday 10th July 2013). Thanks also to our local councillors Emma Coburn, Paddy Cosgrave, Anne-Marie Dermody and John Lahart for their attendance & contributions.
The minutes are set out below.
Review of 2012/2013 Activities
Planting at the entrance to the estate has really improved the look of Boden Park, and will continue this year. The pathways at the entrance were also edged and a build up of leaves was removed. Shrubs were planted in The Glen to deter graffiti, and some missing trees were replaced. We have recently cut back overhanging trees at the entrance.
Our regular clean up days also improves the look of the estate, and many thanks to all for their attendance.These will continue as needed. We have logged these activities with South Dublin County Council (SDCC) under their Social Credits Scheme, with a view to upgrading the estate signage.
The parking issues at The Green seem to have abated following Garda intervention.
Following an incident at the junction of The Avenue and The Rise, the committee made
representations to our local councillors and lobbied for the successful installation of street lighting in this area and in the walkway to Scholarstown Road.
The family fun day in September was a great success, and will be held again in September this year.
Grass cutting has been sporadic from SDCC, and we were advised that this is an area targeted for improvement by the council this year.
The 2012 accounts were read by the Treasurer, and are now published on the Boden Park website. Voluntary subscriptions of €3,840 were gratefully received in 2012. The accounts were proposed by John Burke and seconded by Katherine Kelly.
Subscriptions for 2013
It was agreed to reduce the voluntary subscription from €25 to €20 for 2013. All funds raised are used for the improvement of the estate and are very much appreciated. Collections will take place after the summer holidays, and we hope to gather email addresses and mobile phone numbers for all households at this time.
Agreed Follow up Actions
- Fresh landscaping will take place this month.
- The committee will continue to press SDCC for new signage in the estate.
- The committee will examine setting up a text alert facility for residents.
- The cost of website hosting & insurance is to be reviewed at renewal.
- We have applied to SDCC for a grit box to be installed at the estate entrance.
- We have asked SDCC to schedule pruning of the mature trees in the estate.
- Family fun day to be held in September again this year.
Peter Wall steps down this year after many years dedicated service. Thanks Peter for all your hard work over the years. We are delighted to welcome Clare McPeake and John Burke on to the committee this year.
Your full committee for 2013/2014 is as follows:
- Shane Brennan, 28 The Avenue (Chairman)
- John Breen, 4 The Green (Vice Chairman)
- Niall Garvey, 7 The Avenue (Treasurer)
- Katherine Kelly, 29 The Drive
- Helen O’Carroll, 36 The Avenue
- Louise Gordon, 21 The Lawn
- Clare Boland, 2 The Close
- Bernie & Declan Tonge, 3 The Crescent
- Marie Conboy, 14 The Glen
- John Burke, 37 The Drive